Tompkins County Public Library
With the support of an Action Grant from the New York State Council for the Humanities, TCPL is making available eight book club kits containing 25 copies each of “Charles and Emma: The Darwins’ Leap of Faith” by Deborah Heiligman for schools to engage their middle and high school students in discussions about evolution, faith, life in Victorian times, science and the success of the Darwins’ marriage.
To obtain one of these kits, contact Mary Kay Welgoss at email@example.com. For information about the book and discussion questions, click-here.
Teachers are also invited to contact TCPL’s Youth Services Department Head Sarah O’Shea at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange student visits to the exhibit. Groups should be no larger than 30 students accompanied by at least two adults.
TST BOCES will offer a series of programs for teachers and students during the 2016-2017 academic year. For detailed information, visit tst2bhuman.wordpress.com
Programs being offered:
- 2BHuman: Lecture Series
- What Does It Mean To Be Human: Variations on a Theme. A six session blended course hosted on Facebook by TST BOCES and the Johnson Museum of Art. Session 1: Where do we live? Session 2: Why do we create? Session 3: What do we believe? Session 4: Are we what we eat? Session 5: How do we mourn? Session 6: What does it mean to love?
To register go to https://goo.gl/eTBQPr
- 2B Human: House Concerts
- Upstate Writes Slam Competition: 2BHuman: Expressing our Identity
- Juried Art Show: 2BHuman: Expression Through Pictures
- Creative Writing Contest: 2BHuman: In our own words
- Field Studies and Field Visits